Highlights Include: IOS Updates, Botnet Takedowns, and Mac Word Malware
Ready to finish off your week with a quick summary of the week’s security news? If so WatchGuard Security Week in Review is for you. In this episode, you’ll learn about important security updates, some big botnet takedowns, and a nasty piece of Mac malware that hides in malicious Word documents. I even share a tip about a nice OS X security tool along the way. Grab your beverage of choice and check out the short video below.
Like always, if you’d prefer to read rather than watch or listen, the Episode Reference guide below includes links to articles about all these stories. I’ve even thrown in a few extra links, for those with an insatiable appetite for security news (maybe that’s just me).
I hope to hear your feedback or suggestions in the comments section of this post, and if you like the show, please tell your friends. For those of you waiting for a shorter intro for these videos, it’s only a few episodes away. (Episode Runtime: 7:03)
Direct YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ovLb7TKOi4
- Software and Hardware Security Updates:
- Botnet Takedowns
- Mac Word document Remote Access Trojan (RAT) – Alienvault Labs
- EXTRA: Lulzsec is back with MilitarySingles.com breach – eWeek
- EXTRA: Blackhole kit targets recent Java vulnerability - Krebs on Security
- EXTRA: Little Snitch is a great OS X host-based firewall.