AusCERT 2012, QuickTime Updates, and a New Zeus Variant
This week’s “on the road” edition of WatchGuard Security Week in Review comes to you from the sunny Gold Coast of Australia, where I’ve spent the week learning about the latest mobile attacks, cloud threats, and SCADA security issues with the vibrant Australian security community. In this week’s video podcast, I quickly summarize a few of the presentations I saw at AusCERT this year.
Of course, normal security news continued marching along despite my little jaunt to the land down under. So I also cover this week’s important software updates, some new malware variants, and a potentially catastrophic antivirus update mistake. If you’re ready to catch up on the week’s most interesting security stories, check out the video below.
If you’d like to read the original sources for many of these stories, be sure to check out the Reference section. Also, make sure to post any feedback or questions in the comments section below, and share this podcast with your friends if you like it. Cheers!
(Episode Runtime: 5:35)
Direct YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI9astTaRjU
- Paul Vixie talks DNSChanger at AusCERT – The Register
- Mark Fo on SCADA forensics – AusCERT
- Quicktime security update – Apple
- Chrome 19 security update – The Register
- Fake Google Chrome Installer Malware – Information Week
- New Zeus variant targets Facebook, Gmail, and Hotmail -eWeek
- Avira update kills windows computers – ZDNet