Nation State Cyber Espionage, WoW Death Hack, and Lots of Patches
Another week has blown by, and if you had a week like mine, you’ve barely gotten a chance to catch your breath between each new task. If that’s the case, you probably also missed this week’s security news. Fear not! WatchGuard Security Center is coming to the rescue. Grab a cup of joe, settle into your seat, and let the security news video below brief you on the latest in about ten minutes.
By far, the biggest story this week concerns cyber espionage accusations between nation states. Today’s episode covers that fiasco, as well as a bunch of security updates, some interesting game and social network hacks, and even a quick mobile security tool tip. Click play (or follow the YouTube link) for all the details.
Too embarrassed to watch a video at work? No problem. Just check the Reference section below for links to these stories’ sources. And if you have any suggestions, leave a comment. Until next time, stay safe out there.
(Episode Runtime: 12:05)
Direct YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1fh5kHuOnY
- US House Cyber Espionage Report:
- Software Updates:
- Microsoft Office and Server Software updates - WGSC
- Microsoft SQL Server update - WGSC
- Microsoft Windows updates - WGSC
- Adobe Flash Player update - WGSC
- Chrome Pwnium 2 update - The Next Web
- Firefox 16 security update - Mozilla
- Mozilla recalls Firefox 16 due to vulnerability - Computer World
- Firefox 16.01 re-release and update - Mozilla
- World of Warcraft instant death hack - Joystiq
- Facebook phone number harvesting - Computer World
- Silent Circle mobile encryption app - Gizmodo