Available for All XTM Appliances
7 March, 2012
WatchGuard is excited to announce the general release of Fireware XTM v11.5.2 and WatchGuard System Manager v11.5.2.
With this release, WatchGuard is proud to support the new XTM 2 Series models: XTM 25 and XTM 26. Additionally, this release demonstrates a continuing commitment to quality to WatchGuard customers, with a significant number of bug fixes and enhancements.You can install Fireware XTM OS v11.5.2 on any WatchGuard XTM device, including 2 Series, 3 Series, 5 Series, 8 Series, XTM 1050, and XTM 2050 devices.
Some significant enhancements in Fireware XTM v11.5.2 include:
- Application Control user feedback message: Application Control now offers a deny message to users whose HTTP requests are blocked due to your application control policies
- Advanced Search in Log and Report Manager: We’ve added advanced search functions in LogViewer to help you pinpoint important log information quickly and efficiently
- Mobile VPN with SSL supports multiple authentication servers: Mobile VPN with SSL clients can now authenticate to multiple authentication servers and Active Directory authentication domains
- Management Server device configuration template improvements:
- Ability to create a device configuration template from an existing configuration file
- Inclusion of hosted WebBlocker Server settings in templates for XTM 2 Series and XTM 33 devices
- Policy order in a template is preserved when you apply the template to an XTM device
- FireCluster support for XTM 330 appliances: You can now configure XTM 330 appliances in a FireCluster (an active/active or active/passive HA pair)
- And many other minor enhancements…
In addition to the enhancements listed above, 11.5.2 also includes a large number of bug fixes, covering many different areas of Fireware and WSM. For more information, see the Resolved Issues section of our Release Notes.
If you’re an active LiveSecurity subscriber, you can upgrade to Fireware XTM v11.5.2 free of charge. You can install Fireware XTM v11.5.2 software on any WatchGuard XTM device. Although WatchGuard System Manager v11.5.2 has been designed to manage devices running earlier versions of Fireware XTM v11, it is not possible to install Fireware XTM v11.5.2 on WatchGuard e-Series appliances.
Does This Release Pertain to Me?
Fireware XTM 11.5.2 is a feature release that also includes many bug fixes. If you have any XTM series appliance and wish to take advantage of the enhancements listed above, or those mentioned in the Release Notes, you should consider upgrading to version 11.5.2. Please read the Release Notes before you upgrade, to understand what’s involved.
How Do I Get the Release?
XTM series owners who have a current LiveSecurity Service subscription can obtain this update without additional charge by downloading the applicable packages from the Articles & Support section of WatchGuard’s Support Center, which also includes clear installation instructions. Fireware XTM 11.5.2 is an XTM Series only release, and does not work on e-Series appliances. As always, if you need support, please enter a support incident online or call our support staff directly. (When you contact Technical Support, please have your registered Product Serial Number, LiveSecurity Key, or Partner ID available.)
- U.S. End Users: 877.232.3531
- International End Users: +1.206.613.0456
- Authorized WatchGuard Resellers: +1.206.521.8375