WatchGuard is very pleased to announce that Fireware XTM 11.3.5, the latest operating system for our Firebox X e-Series appliances, is now available for download.
Fireware XTM v11.3.5 is the newest operating system software release for Firebox X Peak, Core, and Edge e-Series appliances. Fireware XTM v11.3.5 demonstrates a continuing commitment to WatchGuard Firebox X e-Series customers, with a significant number of bug fixes and enhancements. It is primarily a sustaining release that resolves many known issues.
NOTE: There is no new WatchGuard System Manager release to accompany Fireware XTM v11.3.5. You can either use WatchGuard System Manager v11.4.x-v11.5.x or WatchGuard System Manager v11.3.2 to connect to a Firebox e-Series device that runs Fireware XTM v11.3.5, although you must use WatchGuard System Manager v11.4.1 or higher if you want to use the Mobile VPN with IPSec Shrew Soft VPN client.
Some of XTM v11.3.5’s fixes and enhancements include:
- Various authentication enhancements, which improve Active Directory and Radius authentication support.
- Improved PPPOE support in multi-WAN situations
- Blocked Site entries can now accept a /32 subnet mask
- Various FireCluster Improvements
- Fixed a problem that prevented Gateway AV from scanning passive FTP connections
- Various Mobile VPN with SSL improvements which improve the client’s overall interoperability
- … and many other fixes — please see the Release Notes for complete details.
If you’re an active e-Series LiveSecurity subscriber, you can upgrade to Fireware XTM 11.3.5 free of charge.
Does This Release Pertain to Me?
Fireware XTM 11.3.5 is a sustaining release that contains a significant number of bug fixes and enhancements. If you have any Firebox e-Series appliances, and wish to take advantage of any of the enhancements listed above, or those mentioned in the Release Notes, you should consider upgrading to version 11.3.5. XTM appliance owners should not install 11.3.5, but rather stick with 11.5.x. Please read the Release Notes before you upgrade, to understand what’s involved.
How Do I Get the Release?
XTM series or Firebox e-Series owners who have a current LiveSecurity Service subscription can obtain this update without additional charge by downloading the applicable packages from the Articles & Support section of WatchGuard’s Support Center, which also includes clear installation instructions. Keep in mind, Fireware XTM 11.3.5 is an e-Series only release, and does not work on more recent XTM appliances. As always, if you need support, please enter a support incident online or call our support staff directly. (When you contact Technical Support, please have your registered Product Serial Number, LiveSecurity Key, or Partner ID available.)
- U.S. End Users: 877.232.3531
- International End Users: +1.206.613.0456
- Authorized WatchGuard Resellers: +1.206.521.8375