Available for All XTM Appliances
WatchGuard is excited to announce the release of Fireware XTM v11.5.1 and WatchGuard System Manager (WSM) v11.5.1, the latest security operating system for our award-winning XTM appliance line. You can install Fireware XTM OS v11.5.1 on any WatchGuard XTM device, including 2 Series, the new XTM 330, 5 Series, 8 Series, XTM 1050, and XTM 2050 appliances.
Fireware XTM and WSM v11.5.1 marks the first 11.5.x release of our software, and delivers many valuable new capabilities and enhanced features to our already feature-rich XTM products. Though primarily a feature release, v11.5.1 also demonstrates WatchGuard’s continuing commitment to quality with a significant number of bug fixes.
We highlight just a few Fireware XTM v11.5.1’s new features below:
- A newly designed Log and Report Manager Web UI – We have updated our already information-rich logging and reporting UI to make it dramatically faster and easier to use. It now offers drill-down capabilities on users, applications, URLs visited, and more, as well as pivot capabilities that allow you to find the information you need much faster than before. Some other logging and reporting related updates include:
- UTC log time stamping, which allows you to always know what time logs arrived, regardless of which time zone your XTM appliance and log server resides in.
- Report integration with ConnectWise, which allows ConnectWise administrators to automate WatchGuard XTM report creation and delivery to their customers.
- Mobile VPN with IPSec support for Apple® iOS devices – We have updated our XTM IPSec gateway to allow iPhones, iPads, and iPods to make secure connections to your XTM appliance using Apple’s built-in IPSec client. This update also allows OS X Lion Macs to connect using Lion’s built-in IPSec client as well.
- Mobile VPN with SSL support 64-bit Mac clients – Our Mac SSL client now supports 64-bit OS X installations.
- IPv6 Routing Support – Your XTM appliance can now receive an IPv6 address, use IPv6 DNS/WINS servers, create static IPv6 routes, and support SLAAC router advertisement. 11.5.1 has achieved IPv6ready.org Gold logo for routing, confirming that the basic “plumbing” — the packet routing building blocks of IPv6 — works correctly. It’s important to note that v11.5.1 does not yet support IPv6 firewall policies, which will come in a later release.
- Improved Dynamic Routing support – We have updated and improved our Dynamic Routing engine, and it now supports Dynamic Routing in FireCluster configurations as well.
- SMTP Proxy enhancements to support TLS encryption – Our SMTP proxy now supports and enforces TLS encrypted user authentication and end-to-end message body encryption.
- Clientless Single Sign-On (SSO) – Fireware XTM v11.5.1 delivers improved SSO accuracy without the need to install SSO client software on all your computers.
- FIPS Support – XTM devices now meet the overall requirements for FIPS 140-2 Level 2 security, when configured in a FIPS-compliant manner.
In addition to the features and enhancements listed above, 11.5.1 also includes numerous smaller enhancements and many bug fixes in different areas of Fireware and WSM.
If you’re an active LiveSecurity subscriber, you can upgrade to Fireware XTM v11.5.1 free of charge. You can install Fireware XTM v11.5.1 software on any WatchGuard XTM device. Although WatchGuard System Manager v11.5.1 has been designed to manage devices running earlier versions of Fireware XTM v11, it is not possible to install Fireware XTM v11.5.1 on WatchGuard e-Series appliances.
Does This Release Pertain to Me?
Fireware XTM 11.5.1 is a feature release that also includes many bug fixes. If you have any XTM series appliance and wish to take advantage of the enhancements listed above, or those mentioned in the Release Notes, you should consider upgrading to version 11.5.1. Please read the Release Notes before you upgrade, to understand what’s involved.
How Do I Get the Release?
XTM series owners who have a current LiveSecurity Service subscription can obtain this update without additional charge by downloading the applicable packages from the Articles & Support section of WatchGuard’s Support Center, which also includes clear installation instructions. Fireware XTM 11.5.1 is an XTM Series only release, and does not work on e-Series appliances. As always, if you need support, please enter a support incident online or call our support staff directly. (When you contact Technical Support, please have your registered Product Serial Number, LiveSecurity Key, or Partner ID available.)
- U.S. End Users: 877.232.3531
- International End Users: +1.206.613.0456
- Authorized WatchGuard Resellers: +1.206.521.8375