WatchGuard is very pleased to announce that Fireware XTM 11.3.3, the latest operating system for our Firebox X e-Series appliances, is now available for download.
XTM 11.3.3 is a maintenance release that demonstrates WatchGuard’s commitment to quality, with a significant number of bug fixes and enhancements.
Please note, the 11.3.3 firmware is only intended for e-Series hardware. XTM appliance owners should install 11.4, or continue using 11.3.2 or lower. There is no new WatchGuard System Manager release for Fireware XTM v11.3.3. You can use either WatchGuard System Manager v11.4 or WatchGuard System Manager v11.3.2 to connect to a Firebox e-Series device that runs Fireware XTM v11.3.3, although you must use WatchGuard System Manager v11.4 if you want to configure FireCluster in drop-in mode.
XTM 11.3.3′s primary enhancements include:
- Ability to configure proxy settings from the Fireware XTM Web UI
- Support for active/passive FireCluster in drop-in mode (with 11.4 WSM only)
Some XTM 11.3.3 fixes of note include:
- The OpenSSL package used on Firebox devices has been upgraded to 0.9.8o to resolve several reported vulnerabilities.
- Server load balancing and policy-based routing no longer stops working when your LiveSecurity subscription expires.
- Single Sign-On accuracy and scalability has been improved.
- You can now import the WatchGuard Products MIB without errors.
- XTM 11.3.3 now includes CLI commands that enable you to see the number of concurrent connections through your Firebox.
- You can now use addresses from a drop-in network as Mobile VPN (IPSec and SSL) pool addresses.
- File transfer through the SIP proxy no longer fails in hairpin configurations.
- You can now bridge wireless to a trusted or optional interface that is bridged to another trusted or optional interface.
- WatchGuard log traffic, syslog traffic, and Single Sign-On authentication requests are now correctly routed through VPN tunnels.
- …and many other fixes — please see the Release Notes for complete details.
If you’re an active e-Series LiveSecurity subscriber, you can upgrade to Fireware XTM 11.3.3 free of charge.
NOTE: Besides posting Software Update announcements to the WatchGuard Security Center, we typically also email Software Update alerts directly to our customers base. However, due to some list maintenance, we may not be able to send our typical direct announcement for awhile.
Does This Release Pertain to Me?
Fireware XTM 11.3.3 is a maintenance release that contains a significant number of bug fixes and enhancements. If you have any Firebox e-Series appliances, and wish to take advantage of any of the enhancements listed above, or those mentioned in the Release Notes, you should consider upgrading to version 11.3.3. However, XTM appliance owners should not install 11.3.3, but rather stick with 11.4 or earlier 11.3.x releases. Please read the Release Notes before you upgrade, to understand what’s involved.
How Do I Get the Release?
Firebox e-Series owners who have a current LiveSecurity Service subscription can obtain this update without additional charge by downloading the applicable packages from the Software Downloads web page, which also includes clear installation instructions. As always, if you need support, please enter a support incident online or call our support staff directly. (When you contact Technical Support, please have your registered Product Serial Number, LiveSecurity Key, or Partner ID available.)
- U.S. End Users: 877.232.3531
- International End Users: +1.206.613.0456
- Authorized WatchGuard Resellers: +1.206.521.8375